The best way to protect your home and your pet against fleas is to use a product multiple action which contains both: an ingredient that kills adult fleas, an ingredient that prevents eggs and flea larvae to develop into new fleas and an insect growth regulator. This is important because only 5% of a flea problem involves your pet. 95% of the flea problem comes from the dog's environment – your home and the places where he walks outside. Each female flea can lay up to 50 eggs per day, so an infestation can build up quickly if you don't regularly protect your pet.
What is Advantix for dogs?
Advantix solution for dogs is used for the a change. and treatment of flea infestations, ticks and lice and to repel sandflies, mosquitoes and stable flies. It works until 4 weeks. Advantix is a registered trademark of Bayer which offers two multi-action treatments with the three main ingredients to effectively interrupt the life cycle of fleas: Advantage II et K9 Advantix II.
ADVANTAGE II FOR DOGS
- Specially formulated for the protection of adult dogs and puppies, topical treatment Advantage II, used once a month for dogs and puppies kills fleas, flea eggs and flea larvae. In addition, this dynamic formula treats, prevents and controls lice infestations directly to your best canine companion. Advantage II Flea Drops also help protect your dog from flea infestations as this special formula is used to kill fleas on treated dogs while preventing fleas from reproducing.
This effective flea medicine for dogs works even on dogs that enjoy wading, swimming, boating or other water activities. If your dog loves water, these drops will be just perfect for him, as these drops have a unique waterproof formula. Studies have shown that your dog will always be protected even after exposure to water, whether he went swimming, took a bath or was in the rain. This unique formula of Advantage II does not go bad, as long as it is unopened and if properly stored according to package instructions.
Why use Advantage II?
- Flea treatment recommended by the vet for dogs
- Advantage II kills fleas at all stages of their growth: adult and immature, effectively breaking the flea life cycle and preventing flea infestations. Since fleas can be introduced into your home by you or other animals without even realizing it, it is important to treat pets as well. Remember, if your dog has fleas, you probably have them too!
- Flea prevention method odorless and waterproof, ideal for dogs and their owners
- Kills on contact. No bite is required before feeling the benefits of this solution
- Treat, prevent and control lice infestations
- Starts working within 12 hours and continues to work for 30 days
- Waterproof at the water
Advantage II for dogs combines two active ingredients:
- Imidacloprid which attacks the flea's nervous system, paralyzing it and eventually killing it.
- Pyriproxyfen, an insect growth regulator (IGR) that kills flea eggs and larvae.
The Advantix combination formula works synergistically to provide more protection than each of these ingredients alone. Together, they complement each other to improve their effectiveness and provide complete protection against fleas, ticks and mosquitoes. This combination plays a crucial role in the treatment and prevention of infestations for two reasons: In an existing infestation, you may only be familiar with adult fleas, which only represent approximately 5% of full infestation and are on the animal, then come the immature fleas that live in the environment of the animal representing about 95% of the infestation and which can be almost invisible to the naked eye.
HOW TO USE
Before opening, make sure the tube is at the bottom of the pouch. Using scissors, cut the pouch on top and remove the tube. Then proceed to the following steps:
- Remove an applicator tube from the packaging.
- Hold the applicator tube upright in front of you, your pet's face and eyes. Remove the cap from the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal, then remove the cap from the tube.
- Dogs should be upright for easy application.
- Place the end of the tube on the skin and slowly squeeze some of the solution onto the skin. Do not apply too much of the solution to one spot, as this may cause some of the solution to run down the dog's side. Apply the entire contents of the tube evenly across the upper back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. Each time, separate the hairs so that the skin is visible and the product penetrates the skin. Do not get this product in your dog's eyes or let your dog ingest this product.
- Discard the empty tube.
Use Advantage II for Dogs monthly, year round to help protect your pet from fleas. Follow label directions for application. You can use Advantage II for Dogs on puppies and dogs 7 weeks and older. A single application of Advantage II for dogs stops flea bites for one month. However, if the dog has a severe infestation, further treatment within a month may be necessary. Consult the nearest veterinarian for further details.
Weight of the corresponding Advantage II dog
≤ 4,5 kg Little dog
≥ 4,6 kg Medium dog
≥ 11 kg Big dog
> 25 kg Very large dog
Can Advantage II get wet?
We suggest bathing your dog before applying Advantage II. Just make sure that your dog is well dried with a towel before application. If you choose to bathe your dog between treatments, we recommend using a general soap-free pet shampoo. Keep in mind that more frequent baths may prevent the product from working for 30 days.
Your dog is free to take a dip at least 48 hours after using Advantage II. However, more frequent bathing may prevent the product from working for the full 30 days.
Precautions for use
- The product should be kept in its original packaging and stored as indicated on the label. Store it in a cool, dry place and protect it from freezing. Keep out of the reach of children.
- Do not use Advantage II for dogs on humans, cats and rabbits. Special CAT Advantage II exists as an alternative for felines. Please follow label directions for applying this flea control product.
- Consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, elderly, pregnant or nursing cats.
- The product is effective for one month. However, in case of severe flea infestation, a new treatment may be necessary within the first 4 weeks. Do not renew the treatment more than once every 7 days. Once flea control is achieved, return to a monthly retreatment schedule.
- To successfully prevent and control fleas, dogs should be treated with their own dose of Advantage II if you have more than one.
- Do not contaminate water, food or feed by storage or disposal of Advantage II.
- Do not make contact or allow children to come in contact with the area treated with Advantage II for dogs until it is completely dry.
- Be careful not to reuse the Advantage II container. Throw it in the trash or offer it for recycling if it's available in your city. If partially filled: Call your local solid waste management agency for disposal instructions.
Side effects, although very rare for humans and dogs, can include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Gastrointestinal signs such as hyper salivation, vomiting or diarrhea have also been reported in dogs.
K9 ADVANTIX II FOR DOGS
Help protect your sweet companion from parasites and potentially harmful diseases they can transmit with the flea treatment and K9 ticks Advantix II for dogs. This vet-recommended broad-spectrum treatment is specially formulated to repel and kill fleas, ticks and mosquitoes on contact without a painful bite. It additionally kills fleas at all life stages in order to prevent further infestation. It even kills lice while repelling biting flies.
This convenient, easy-to-apply monthly topical kills fleas on contact so they don't have to bite your dog to die. Fleas don't just itch your dog, they keep biting and causing pain over and over again. If a flea is ingested, it can also cause other typical illnesses in dogs. Fight the misery of stinging fleas with K9 Advantix II!
Why use K9 Advantix II?
- This broad spectrum treatment recommended by veterinarians repels and kills fleas, ticks and mosquitoes in dogs 7 weeks or older.
- K9 Advantix is indicated for the treatment and prevention of studs (Ctenocephalid) in dogs. He controls the lice (Trichodectes canis, Linognathus setosus) on dogs for up to 6 weeks. In addition, Advantix repels and kills paralyzing ticks (Ixodes holocyclus), bush ticks (Haemaphysalis longicornis), They mosquitoes (Anopheles) Et les sandfly (Phlebotomus et Culicoides sp.). It also repels flies.
- Starts working within 12 hours and kills invaders on contact. It protects for at least four weeks. If your dog is the victim of a new infestation, a new treatment can be given to him in a period of one month before returning to monthly treatment.
- Kills fleas at all stages of their growth to prevent re-infestation.
- La waterproof formula of this canine solution is effective and continues to work for up to four weeks, even after bathing or swimming.
- It includes an ingredient that regulates insect growth for effective protection against fleas.
- THEtopical application is done on a monthly basis and it is available in a pack of 4 or 6 treatments.
The active ingredients are essentially: imidacloprid and permethrin. Imidacloprid is an insect neurotoxin that works by interfering with the transmission of impulses along the insect's nervous system. This causes the insect's paralysis and ultimate death. Permethrin is a type of pyrethroid insecticide. It also affects the nervous system of insects, leading to paralysis and death. Permethrin is more durable and more stable than natural pyrethrin.
For this reason, it is commonly found in repellents, room sprays, and in products intended for slower but sustained action. The product includes an additional ingredient: pyriproxyfen. K9 Advantix It takes advantage of these properties to provide superior protection against fleas, ticks and mosquitoes.
HOW TO USE
Before opening K9 Advantix II, make sure the tube is at the bottom of the pocket. Using scissors, cut the pouch on top and remove the tube. Then proceed to the following steps:
- Remove the applicator tube from the packaging. Use scissors and peel off the foil.
- Hold the applicator tube in an upright position. Remove the cap from the tube.
- Twist the cap to break the seal, then remove the cap from the tube.
- The dog should be upright for easy application. Now position the end of the tube on the skin and squeeze lightly to expel some of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of the solution to one spot, it may leak some of the solution. Smoothly apply the entire K9 Advantix II content to the upper back, shoulder and base of the tail. Make sure to separate the hairs well throughout the process so that the skin is visible.
- Discard the empty tube.
- In cases of severe pest infestations, a new treatment is allowed within 4 weeks. Do not repeat the treatment more than once every 7 days. Then go back to a monthly treatment schedule.
The treatment can be given to dogs and puppies over 7 weeks old. Monthly treatments are essential for optimal control and prevention of fleas and ticks. Advantix should be applied every two weeks for paralysis ticks and once a month for other parasites. Do not repeat the treatment more than once every seven (7) days. Each pouch usually contains 4 to 6 pipettes.
Weight of the corresponding K9 Advantix II dog The volume
1,5 - 4 kg Little dog 0,4 ml tube
4 10-kg Medium dog 1,0 ml tube
10 - 25 kg Big dog 2,5 ml tube
25 - 40 kg Very large dog 4,0 ml tube
Can Advantage II get wet?
K9 Advantix II for puppies and dogs 7 weeks or older contains a waterproof formula that remains effective after shampooing, swimming or after exposure to rain or sun. We recommend that you bathe before applying Advantix and apply it after your dog is dry. If a bath is required between applications, we recommend that you wait at least two weeks after applying Advantix or a minimum of 48 hours after application. Use a soap-free shampoo made specifically for dogs.
Precautions for use
- Use K9 Advantix II only on dogs and puppies 7 weeks and older.
- It is not designed for cats and may be fatal for cats. Cats are very sensitive to permethrin due to their unique physiology and their inability to metabolize certain chemicals. Dogs can efficiently metabolize permethrin, resulting in a safe product. However, cats cannot metabolize this ingredient and will suffer toxic effects if exposed. Using Advantix on cats can have serious harmful effects, including death. Keep cats away from treated dogs for 24 hours
- Do not get this product in the dog's eyes or mouth.
- As with any canine health product, consult your veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, elderly, pregnant or lactating animals.
- If your pet is already on treatment, please consult your veterinarian before using this or any other product.
- K9 Advantix is harmful if swallowed to the owner and his dog. It is also harmful if absorbed through the skin. Avoid contact with the skin.
- This product is highly toxic to aquatic species such as fish.
- Be careful not to add it directly to water. Do not contaminate water when discarding product or packaging.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with soap and water after handling K9 Advantix II. Also remember to remove and wash contaminated clothing during treatment before reuse.
- Advantix can be used in the management of pets with severely irritated and inflamed skin due to flea bites - also known as flea allergic dermatitis.
- Keep out of children's reach.
In humans : It can cause severe eye irritation, so avoid contact with eyes, skin or clothing.
In cats : Symptoms in cats usually appear within a few hours, but it may take up to three days after exposure or application of Advantix. Symptoms include tremors and twitching (sometimes just at the tips of the ears), hyperexcitability, drooling, depression, loss of coordination, vomiting, seizures, loss of appetite and, potentially, death, if it is not processed. One of the main concerns is an extreme rise in body temperature due to the continuous muscle activity caused by the tremor.
In dogs : Individual sensitivities, despite the rate, can occur after using any pesticide product on dogs. Monitor your dog after application. Side effects can include signs of skin irritation such as redness, scratching, or other signs of discomfort. Signs such as diarrhea or vomiting have also been reported. Do not hesitate to consult the nearest veterinarian if the mentioned signs persist or worsen.
On objects / surfaces : Advantix liquid can also discolor or damage certain surfaces and fabrics, eg polished floors, leather.
If you share your home with dogs and cats, always check labels and read all the fine print before proceeding to apply any Advantix product for a dog or cat. You can even have someone "double check" the instructions for you as another security measure. Finally, isolate the untreated animal until both the treatment area and the treated animal are dry.
If you still see fleas after application, your pet may have picked up new fleas from the environment, which may include other pets, surfaces, and outdoor areas. That can take up to 30 days to interrupt the entire life cycle of fleas. Additionally, you must also treat sources of new chips (eg carpet, garden) to ensure complete flea control.